As the seasonal holidays approach us it’s time to dust off the baking equipment and dig into this Chewy Cherry and Honeycomb Rocky Road! Not only is it deliciously dairy-free but contains a sweet chocolate and honeycomb filling!
- 85g Glacé Cherries
- 2 tbsp. Golden Syrup
- 85g Blanched Almonds
- 100g Dried Cranberries
- 5 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 150g Dairy-Free Margarine
- 1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 200g Dark Dairy-Free Chocolate
- To begin with, generously grease a baking tray with vegetable oil.
- On a low heat, melt the granulated sugar and golden syrup in a high-sided sauce pan.
- Once melted, slightly turn the heat a little and bubble the syrup until it turns into a rich caramel.
- Next, whisk in the bicarbonate of soda until the syrup foams up, immediately pour it into your greased baking tray.
- Your honeycomb is now complete for the time being, set the tray aside and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, slide the honeycomb off the tray and roughly chop it up.
- Line a 450g loaf tin so that the cling film drapes over the sides about 7-8cam long. Make sure that the cling film has a smooth, crease free surface.
- Break up the dark chocolate and roughly chop the almonds.
- Place the chocolate and margarine over a steaming sauce pan and gently stir until the mixture is melted into a glossy finish.
- Add in the chopped honeycomb, almonds, cherries and cranberries to the melted chocolate and stir until all ingredients are covered.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin until evenly spread and fold the overhanging cling film loosely over the top.
- Freeze the parfait for 1 hour and then transfer to the fridge until completely set.
- Once ready, carefully remove the parfait from the tin, unwrap and cut into 2cm slices.