Dairy free doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on your favourite Christmas dishes does it? Tuck into these dairy free and gluten free mince pies!
- 2 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- Vegetarian Mincemeat
- 170g Gluten-Free Plain Flour
- 85g Dairy-Free Sunflower Spread
- Add your flour and dairy free spread into a blender and pulse quickly until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Once complete, tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Add 1 tsp. of cold water and start molding the pastry together with your hands into a ball (make sure that the pastry isn’t sticky).
- Sprinkle the flour onto a large chopping board or surface and lay the pastry out flat.
- Cut the pastry into circles using a fluted 6cm (2½ inch) cutter.
- Once all circles are cut, lift the pastry discs up carefully with a slice and place them into muffin tray pockets, gently pushing down with your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7 and pop the muffin tray in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, bake the pastry cases in the oven for around 10 minutes until very lightly golden.
- Spoon a heaped tsp. of vegetable mincemeat into each pastry case and leave open or add a pastry lid on top (perhaps a star shape for the Christmas spirit?)
- Place the muffin tray back into the oven for a few minutes until the mincemeat starts to gently bubble. Once golden and bubbled, take the tray out of the oven and transfer the mince pies to a wire rack to cool. Serve up and enjoy!
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturates: 0.7g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbs: 23.4g
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Fibre: 0.4g