These Mini Vanilla Doughnuts are the ideal party treat at only 87kcal per ball! Serve up these balls with a sweet raspberry dip that compliments the soft fluffy filling.
- ½ Orange
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 250g Plain Flour
- 200g Ripe Raspberries
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 120ml Organic Soy Milk
- 1.5 Litres Sunflower Oil
- 50g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Dairy-Free Margarine
- 1 Heaped tbsp. Icing Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 50g Caster Sugar
- In a small sauce pan, melt the margarine, soy milk and 2 tbsp. of the sunflower oil over a medium heat.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Once mixed, make a hole and pour in the melted mixture.
- Combine both mixtures together with a fork until it forms a wet, thick dough. Split the mixture and roll into golf size balls.
- In a medium-sized deep pan, heat the remaining sunflower oil over a high heat. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower a couple of the dough balls into the hot oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the balls are golden and cooked through (make sure to turn occasionally).
- To make the vanilla sugar, halve the vanilla pod length ways and scrape out the seeds. Bash the seeds and half of the sugar then place into a large bowl with the remaining sugar.
- Place the cooked doughnuts onto kitchen roll and allow to drain. Once cooled, roll the doughnuts in the vanilla sugar to coat, then place on a baking tray.
- To make the raspberriy dip, place the raspberries, icing sugar and a squeeze of orange juice into a bowl and crush with a fork.
- Serve the mini doughnuts alongside the raspberry dip and get stuck in!
Macros – Per ball based on mixture making 24
- Fat: 5g
- Saturates: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbs: 13.9g
- Sugars: 5.9g